Five Advantages of Using Propane Appliances
Written on: October 12, 2021
The benefits of having propane appliances in your home or business
Are you looking to save money at home or in running your business? By choosing propane appliances for your New England home or business, you can reduce your energy bills while also being eco-friendly.
5 Perks of Propane
Here are five advantages to using propane appliances in your home or business:
- In terms of carbon emissions, a home or business that utilizes propane appliances will almost always outperform one that uses electric-powered appliances. You can reduce your carbon emissions by up to 50% by choosing propane appliances for space heating, cooking, drying clothes, and heating water.
- The production of propane is more efficient than that of electricity. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, more than 66% of the electricity generated at a power plant is lost between the power plant and the end consumer. By contrast, propane creates energy on the spot when you need it and does not degrade, so it’s always ready for use.
- Propane is affordable. The American Gas Association released a study on the implications of policy-driven electrification. Their study found that such policies would increase the average energy costs for residents by up to $910 each year.
- Propane is reliable. After an extreme weather event, your neighborhood might lose power. However, you’ll still have access to propane. And if you have a generator, propane can keep all the appliances and electronic devices in your home up and running.
- Propane appliances work faster than their electric counterparts. By using propane to heat your home or business, you’ll enjoy lower heating costs. Propane can also heat larger volumes of water faster than electricity.
Brideau Energy has served the residents and businesses of Central Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire since 1987. As the area’s premier family-owned, top-quality fuel company, Brideau Energy makes your home comfort a priority in everything we do. Click here to see if we serve your New England neighborhood.
Brideay Energy provides our New England customers with convenient propane delivery on an automatic or will-call basis. We also offer a complete line of propane-tank services, including installation and tank monitoring. And if you’re looking to convert your home or business to propane, we can help with that as well.
Contact Brideau Energy today to learn how we can make a difference for you!