Be Ready for a Winter Home Fuel Delivery
Written on: January 16, 2023
Important Reminders for Our Heating Oil & Propane Customers
Here in New England, we know how to get through a tough winter. And this winter has already been pretty tough. Homes across the country have experienced record-breaking snowfall, freezing temperatures, and power outages. If you’re not prepared and don’t take the necessary precautions, winter can be more than challenging, it can be dangerous or even deadly. Sadly, this winter has already been all of the above. That makes this is a good time to review some of the important steps you can take to be ready for your fuel deliveries and keep your family safe this winter. You’ll be protecting your household and making it easier for the Brideau team to deliver heating oil and propane to your Central Massachusetts or Southern New Hampshire home.
Whether you receive heating oil, propane, or both from us, there are some simple things you can do this winter to help us deliver your fuel efficiently and safely. Top of your mind should be ensuring that all your walkways and driveways remain clear and accessible—even after a winter storm. To prevent a runout, you should also keep a close eye on your fuel levels. This will help you avoid a no-heat emergency.
Preparing for Winter Fuel Deliveries
The following checklist will help you protect your home and make it easier for the fuel delivery team at Brideau to do its job in a safe and timely manner:
- Especially after a snowstorm, clear away the snow and ice on your walkway and driveway. Make sure our delivery crew members can safely access your property to deliver fuel.
- If you have a propane tank, attach a brightly-colored flag to the top of it. This will increase its visibility and help our delivery drivers safely and effectively position their vehicles. Make sure to clean off the tank itself. Use a broom when cleaning the tank instead of a shovel. A shovel could puncture your tank. Also ensure that your vents and flues are unobstructed. Otherwise, you could experience a dangerous build-up of carbon monoxide in your home. You’ll also want to make a habit of testing your carbon monoxide detectors monthly and replacing the batteries in them every six months. And everyone in your household should know how to identify a gas leak and what to do in the event of one. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Before every heating oil delivery, make sure there’s nothing limiting access to your fill pipe. Keep it clear and accessible.
- Keep a close eye on your fuel levels. Your usage is likely to increase during the winter months (perhaps more than you expect). That’s especially true if you’re spending more time at home or there’s a cold snap. Make sure to call Brideau for a fuel delivery long before you need it.
- If you’d rather not have to monitor your fuel levels and remember to call for delivery yourself, you can take some of the worry out of winter by signing up for automatic delivery. Brideau offers automatic delivery for both our propane and heating oil customers. It’s free and will make it very unlikely that you’ll have a fuel run-out.
Comfort Is Our Priority
As a family-owned, top-quality fuel company, Brideau cares about your family’s comfort and safety. We offer the households of Central Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire fair pricing, personalized service, and reliable fuel delivery.
Contact Brideau today to become a customer, request a fuel delivery, or receive service. Your comfort is our priority.